All RPGs and Storygames by Tod Foley are now available at DrivethruRPG and RPGnow. Bring these games to your table!
This module will allow you to connect your Drupal website to Popup Maker service.
Module is currently being developed
DrupalCon Nashville is right around the corner! Part of the week includes board meetings. Below is a summary of their activities and agendas. We hope you will join the public board meeting in person or virtually.Board Retreat
The Drupal Association Board of Directors will convene over the weekend from April 7-8, 2018 to hold discussions based on the Executive Director and committee chairs’ updates. The board will also discuss funding models to pursue that will increase investments that the Drupal Association can make to accelerate Drupal adoption. We are also going to review and discuss the principles and values that Dries Buytaert is creating for the community and will be sharing in his keynote.
Additionally, the board is hosting a two hour discussion on Drupal’s governance structure. To properly inform this discussion, the board invited representatives from groups that are part of Drupal governance as well as representatives of groups who are not currently part of governance. Together, we will explore what is working and ways to evolve Drupal governance that improve support for the Drupal project.Public Board Meeting
The Board of Directors will hold an open board meeting on Wednesday, April 11 from 11:45 - 1:00 pm CT in the Nashville Convention Center in Room 103A (lunch will be served!). We welcome you to attend in person or virtually.
The agenda will include an executive update as well as program updates from staff. There will be 10 minutes for the community to ask the board and staff questions.
While everyone has a busy week attending Drupalcon sessions and events (be sure to check out Mediacurrent’s afterparty) , if you find some extra time, Nashville has an eclectic mix of activities and places to go. Whether you're looking for great music in none-other than "Music City" or you're looking for a nice place to relax and grab a bite to eat, take advice from a Nashville and check out my list of Nashville's must-see spots. When you're ready to take a break from drupalin', check out these suggestions and engulf yourself in the Nashville culture.Music
Image source: Wikipedia
Whether you enjoy country music or prefer other genres, Nashville offers something for every taste. Some nights you might need to venture outside downtown for more rock and roll. If music is at the top of your Nashville bucket list, here are nine spots you won’t want to miss:
- Visit the Honky Tonks on Broadway. Remember these are talented musicians playing for tips, so if you enjoy their work help support them. The guitarist could end up being a member of The Cure.
- The Ryman Auditorium - The “Mother Church.” Open for tours during the daytime too.
- The Cannery/Mercy Lounge/High Watt - Walking distance from the Music City Center area.
- City Winery - This is the location for the Drupalcon Trivia Night too.
- Marathon Music Works - If you go early you might be able to visit American Pickers’ Antique Archaeology store too.
- World famous Station Inn is the place for bluegrass. Allman Brother Jack Pearson has a regular appearance for some blues.
- Jack White’s Third Man Records - There doesn’t seem to be any announced shows (yet) but the store is open to grab some records or other merch.
- TPAC is hosting a touring show of Wicked The Untold Story of the Witches of Oz.
- There are other venues close to the downtown area too such as Exit/In, The Basement East, and 3rd & Lindsley.
There has been a huge number of new restaurants opening but here are a couple of classics and a newish one:
- Rotier’s Restaurant, the original Cheeseburger in Paradise? A Nashville classic and award winner, just be sure to get the burger on French bread.
- Family style southern food at Monell's. Dinner and breakfast are served to the table and passed around like a family holiday.
- Hip Pinewood Social attracts visitors any time of day, breakfast and Crema coffee, co-working spot during the day, and bowling on antique lanes in the evening.
- Need Barbecue? Martin’s, Peg Leg Porker, Edleys, or G’z BBQ are all good choices.
- Restaurants of award winning chefs include Sean Brock's Husk from Charleston, Tandy Wilson's City House, and the Catbird Seat. This year's James Beard semifinalists include Henrietta Red, Bastion, Josephine, and longtime East Nashville restaurant Margot Café & Bar.
- Nashville Hot Chicken is very popular with heat level choices for anyone. But pay heed if they warn you when ordering.
Don't forget about the famous Nashville Hot Chicken. A few favorites among many great spots:
- Princes Hot Chicken Shack. The original.
- The Tenders Royale from Pepperfire is a nice introduction along with a couple of local drafts on tap, and blues music in the background.
- Tenn Sixteen Great East Nashville Five Points restaurant. The hot chicken comes in one heat level, kind of a "Nashville medium". That is, it's usually pretty hot, unlike other restaurants that don’t specialize in hot chicken.
- Fannie Mae's, which conveniently just opened up a new restaurant location near the convention center.
- Another list hot chicken can be found here!
Source: George Jones Museum (Also known as the home of the Mediacurrent Afterparty!)
Nashville is rich with history and musical history is at no shortage. Most of these museums are an easy walk or bus ride downtown:
- The Frist Center - This art deco building was originally the post office. The current exhibition is the exclusive North American venue of Rome: City and Empire from the British Museum.
- Country Music Hall of Fame and Museum - Across the street from the convention center, you can also check out Hatch Show Prints or tacos from Bajo Sexto.
- Musicians Hall of Fame and Museum - This museum “honors the talented musicians who actually played on the greatest recordings of all time.” Additionally The Rolling Stones first ever major exhibition, Exhibitionism, is making its last U.S stop, taking on Music City at the Musicians Hall Of Fame and Museum.
- Lane Motor Museum - An amazing variety of the largest European collection of cars in the U.S. located a few miles from the convention center.
- The downtown Cumberland River Greenway connects to Bicentennial mall - This route can be varied for any distance.
- Another popular area for walking and jogging is to cross the Shelby Street Pedestrian Bridge to Cumberland Park and Nissan stadium.
- Warner Parks - Large wooded parks on the western boundary of Nashville has hills with a view of the city.
- B Cycle has bikes for rent by the hour with many locations to pick up or leave a bicycle.
Family and Kids Activities
- Adventure Science Center is a fun hands-on museum that the kids will enjoy.
- Cumberland Park is just a short walk across the pedestrian bridge downtown and has playground features.
- There is a free bus downtown to the Gulch or Farmer's Market and Germantown that has stops around the convention center. Look for the Green Circuit. This would be a good way to get to the AAA Nashville Sounds Baseball game in the evening.
- A couple of hints on street pronunciations beyond just a southern accent might help too:
Demonbreun Street - Pronounced da-mun’-bree-un.
Lafayette Street - Pronounced luh-fay’-ett. ( I know, I know)
Hopefully everyone has a great experience in Nashville and comes back for a more leisurely visit.
If you don't have access to the file system on the server for a Drupal site, when a security issue like Drupalgeddon2 comes along, you are entitled to panic! Many sites are run by a combination of teams, so sometimes you really don't have control over the server... but that might even mean there is another way to apply fixes. If you've been tasked with updating such a site (I was!), it's worth checking if the server has been misconfigured in such a way to actually allow you to patch Drupal, via Drupal!Read more
Drupalgeddon2 happened! We got all but two of our projects updated within an hour, with those remaining trickier two fully patched another hour later. The key was planning the right process using the right tools. We actually use these tools for regular deployments every day, but speed was essential for this security update.Read more
Provides a block type which renders views display exposed filters separately from the view.
It's like Views Block Exposed Filter Blocks module but works for all types of view display plugins (for example for eva view displays which was what I needed) and solves the problem "the other way around".
CONTENTS OF THIS FILE
* Using the module
Core module taxonomy does not provide relative url token for taxonomy term, this module adds it.
If you want node's url to display the nesting of related terms, this will needed when building breadcrumbs with
module easy_breadcrumbs simply install extra_tokens and configure pathauto