All RPGs and Storygames by Tod Foley are now available at DrivethruRPG and RPGnow. Bring these games to your table!
This was built to make life a little easier for content editors on multilingual sites with Content
Moderation or Workbench Moderation enabled.
Currently, if the default language version of a node has a draft-in-progress, it's not possible to update/publish a
translation of that node if there are any untranslateable fields (including files) or if the URL alias is
generated by pathauto.
Sarah Maple is the Lead Web Designer at National Nurses United (NNU) and has been at the organization for four years. Her training bridges art and web technology in order to better serve clients with both their technological needs as well as their artistic ones. She provides support with Drupal logistics and project management for the NNU website, which is a full website conversion to Drupal 8.
As Drupal module maintainers, we at Nextide need to be constantly updating our modules to add new features or patch issues. Whether your module is available for download or is a custom module for a client site, you can't expect users to uninstall and reinstall it to pick up new features. If you have data or configuration changes, update hooks are mandatory to learn. This post will show how we created a new content entity in a Drupal update hook.
NOTE: While I work for a company that is closely related to Drupal, the thoughts expressed here DO NOT, in any way, represent my employer.
When the creator of Zen theme of the Drupal CMS chose a logo for the theme, they would have never imagined that this decision would cause such large confusion and probable escalation of heat between two countries years down the lane.
On April 7 2018 (today), Multiple Indian Government websites, built and maintained by National Informatics Center, went down or were partially unavailable. Some of them showed a maintenance page.
* https://mod.gov.in/ (Ministry of Defence)
* Multiple others - Law, Home and Labour Ministry websites
What does the Government say?
* "National cybersecurity chief Gulshan Rai said the 10 websites hosted by the National Informatics Centre (NIC) went down after a hardware failure."
* “There is no hacking or coordinated cyber attack on website of central ministries. There was a hardware failure in the storage network system at the NIC which resulted in a number of government websites being serviced by that system going down. We are working to replace the hardware and these websites will be up soon,” said Rai.
What caused it?
* Limited information is available to be certain.Although there is no information as of now, that any site was compromised.
* While the sites that down were Drupal ones, NIC builds most of its sites on Drupal. Which explains it.
* The sites were just showing a maintenance page. Nothing suggested they were compromised. A maintenance page is shown on various occasions, while in this case, the MySQL servers being down either due to a hardware failure as the Govt claims or due to large traffic, or due to an orchestrated DDOS attack could be a reason.
* None of the above instances (including a DDOS attack) would suggest any data being compromised.
The Chinese connection:
* Almost every Indian media agency attributed this to hacking by "Chinese Hackers".
* The maintenance pages of some of these sites showed Drupal Zen Theme's logo, which is has a Chinese language character in its logo. (Update: Another Facepalm: That is not even Chinese, but Japanese.)
In the context of strained relationships between China and India, all news agencies interpreted this Drupal maintenance page as "defacement by Chinese hackers"
Bad PR for Drupal:
While there is no reason to suspect Drupal was at fault, Drupal’s pictures were splashed all over the TV and news sites today claiming hack by Chinese hackers by misinformed Indian News agencies.
Ashday's Digital Ecosystem and Development Tips: Drupal vs Wordpress Part 2: Which is the Best CMS in 2018?
Out & About On The Third Rock: Re-calibrating Giveback – Taking Open Source and Cloud beyond tech #SocialTransformation
BizPro is a suite of modules designed to manage company data. Main targets are production, inventory, salary.
Provides simple key-based authentication on a per-user basis similar to basic_auth but without requiring usernames or passwords. This is ideal for sites that expose consumer-facing APIs via rest, json:api, or something similar.
In my humble opinion, as a Drupal developer, contributing back to the Drupal Community is something we should love to do.
Adds file search functionality to the user interface of the IMCE file browser.